Natural Immune Boosters ~ Rest, Play, Laugh, Eat…Well!
The days are getting shorter, cooler and we are experiencing less exposure to the fresh air and natural light nature gives. While we may not be any busier it can often feel as though we are because our body is having to work a little harder to compensate for the change of seasons. Natural Health sessions can help with that by encouraging your immune system to boost up and function optimally!
Did you know that your body’s ability to produce virus fighting white blood cells and antibodies rises as soon as your stress hormone and chemical production slows?
Taking steps to relax both mind and body, reduce stress, negative thoughts and ease tension will replenish and strengthen the body’s natural immune system’s fighting powers…that includes Reiki, Reflexology, Massage and Craniosacral Therapy. The moment that you step into the session room your mind and body are already beginning to relax, and from the first minutes that you sit or lie upon the massage table your stress is easing, along with tension held in tight muscles. The more you relax into the sessions the more your natural abilities to block infections and viruses increases.
The key to keeping well is not to wait until your body is completely depleted but instead to plan ahead to care for YOU and give your immune system a fighting chance! Booking your sessions in advance is a positive commitment you can make to your body through cold and flu season.
There are many ways to help your system between your sessions, such as:
- Keep your meals colourful with lots of fruits and veggies and be sure to drink lots of water
- Resting and sleeping well! As it becomes dark your body releases a natural hormone called melatonin. Help it along by lowering the lights as bed time comes closer.
- Meditation is also a wonderful tool to help with insomnia, anxiety and depression
- Laughter and the feel good chemicals released when we spend quality time with those we love, hold hands and hug others help in keeping us healthy…
- Exercise keeps our circulation strong and all of our systems working optimally as long as it isn’t overly strenuous which can deplete the body’s resources.
- Use natural immune boosting aromatherapy scents such as Lavender, Tea Tree and Chamomile
- Wash your hands between activities. Do you ever wonder why the separate little hand towels at my Langley clinic? Yes it looks nice, but it also ensures that the towel you use is clean and used just by you…just to make sure no germs get passed along.
- There are lots of immune boosters in nature’s pharmacy to help keep you healthy such as garlic, onions, ginger, cumin, rosemary, basil, cilantro, probiotics, zinc and other minerals and vitamins…going back to the first suggestions of keeping meals colourful will give you all of these things…naturally!