The idea of businesses re-opening can be both exciting and scary. With regards to Booking your Massage Therapy or Holistic Sessions, I want to put your mind at ease.
The Mayor of Calgary has indicated that in his view Massage Therapy should be included with the other health professions (physiotherapy, chiropractic…), so whether that will mean an earlier date here in the city is in question. He also indicated that Calgary may move more slowly in re-opening as our number of new cases are high in comparison to other areas of Alberta.
For my BC clients, I am monitoring the situation in the province as well, and note they mention end of May to end of June as the probable window for re-opening.
- Denise, whom I share space with, and I, plan to ensure that we limit the number of clients in the space at any given time. We’ll be limiting ourselves to one client each and creating separate and safe distanced waiting areas should the need arise for them.
- Between each client we will be boosting disinfecting of all the areas within the space, as we were before I was mandated to stop working.
- I will be booking 30 minutes in between clients rather than 15 to ensure time to completely sanitize the treatment room, bathroom and any other areas required, as well as to limit clients exposure to each other. This may not apply for those clients in the same household who have back to back appointments as they are already exposed to each other. There will still be time in between your sessions to completely sanitize.
- The majority of soft surfaces have been removed from my treatment room, leaving only those that I can remove and wash in between each client. There will be a vinyl barrier placed between the bed warmer and sheets so that it can be disinfected between each client.
- As has always been the case, all the linens used for each client will be completely changed for the next one. Used linens are not stored in the treatment room, that won’t change. Fresh clean linens are not stored in the treatment room either, that won’t change.
- I will be wearing a mask for your protection and will have some on hand should you wish to wear one, though, it won’t be a requirement.
- Over my clothes will be an apron or gown that covers anything that may come into contact with clients and that will be changed between each client.
- As always, I will be using individual oil containers for each client that are washed with hot, soapy water prior to being refilled.
- When you arrive I’ll be screening with a few questions and ask that upon your arrival and after your session that you wash your hands. There will also be hand sanitizer available for you should you wish to use it.
- I thoroughly wash my hands before and after each session as well as after changing the linens on the table, that won’t change.
- Blankets will be removed from the room and replaced with flannel sheets that are more easily washed between each client, there will be extras if you’re cold. I can also turn up the temperature on the bed heater if you wish.
- An air purifier will be in the room and running throughout the day, there will also be a small room heater with hepa filter so the room can be warmed if you find that you’re cold.
- I realize that a number of clients with asthma and other sensitivities find harsh chemical cleaners really irritating, I do as well. I will be using disinfectants, approved by Health Canada that are unscented and as natural as possible. I have a list from other Massage Therapists of what they use and am currently investigating them.
- For my BC clients, I will send you a separate list prior to coming to share sessions with you that will be based on the requirements of Health Services in the province. It will include most of the above, however there may be additions. We have to wait and see.
My wish for you is that you are staying healthy and well. I miss seeing you and providing treatments, and really look forward to when I can safely re-open.
If you have questions or wish to be added to the intial call list once I do start seeing clients, please don’t hesitate to contact me.