WORKSHOPS: JULY 2012
REIKI Level 1 &2 Classes
Body Awareness & Mechanics Workshops
in Fort Langley B.C.
Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is an ancient Japanese healing art that encourages the natural energies that are around and within us to come into balance. Like the energies that help a plant to grow, blossom and develop Reiki provides a space for our mind, body and spirit to do the same. When our body is in a state of total relaxation it has the opportunity to heal itself, Reiki promotes this way of being and increases the energy within us that is often depleted through stress, trauma and illness. Enhancement of health and reduction of stress encourages the body, mind and spirit to come into a state of harmony and retain a sense of peace within.
Reiki is beneficial for relieving many symptoms that are associated with headaches (whether migraine or stress related), PMS & Menopause symptoms, Depression and Stress, Injury due to accident or surgery, Arthritis, Respiratory illnesses, MS and works well to relieve some of the pain and nausea associated with Chemotherapy and Radiation. It balances, refreshes, rejuvenates and restores!
A Reiki Master since 1996, I follow the traditional Usui method of Reiki in both the sessions shared with clients and classes shared with students. The practice of Reiki has become a daily way of living gently and lovingly upon the earth and is just a natural part of sharing love with my family (including pets), friends, clients and the world around me. One benefit I find to Reiki is the ability (after taking the 2nd degree) to send Reiki to others. On the rare occasions that I do watch the news and witness some of the tragedies that are reported locally and around the world I am able to send Reiki out to hopefully help and heal those that are injured from earthquake, war, tsunami, etc. and I am honoured, that in some small way, I can share the gift that is Reiki. The comment often made is “you seem so calm” and Reiki would be the reason for that sense of peace within.
The first level of Reiki shares the history of this ancient healing art following the traditional Usui method. You will also:
- learn how to give a treatment to yourself as well as the hand positions to share a full session with another
- have the opportunity to practice through sharing a session
- learn how to share a mini Reiki session with another
- discover the Reiki principles and ways in which you can work with them to enhance your well-being
- have 2 attunements in which your ability to channel Reiki energy is opened (gradually) and sealed
- take home notes with information about Reiki from the perspective of different Masters, the hands on positions for a session, a copy of the Reiki principles and some basic information about natural healing with Reiki
- learn ways to share Reiki with animals, provide first aid and help plants to grow
- this is a certificate class, certificate will be provided at the end of the day
Cost: $200.00 (plus HST) 50% deposit is required when you register
A further journey that takes you deeper into the practice of Reiki. You will:
- be provided with symbols that enhance the use of Reiki energy when sharing with others and allow you to send Reiki energy healing long distance
- have the opportunity to practice with the symbols while giving a session
- learn how to balance the chakras and the female/male energies during a session
- take home notes with information shared from various Reiki Masters regarding the 2nd degree, the symbols and ways in which to use them, information about the chakras
- have 1 attunement sealing the symbols into your natural Reiki energy
- this is a certificate class and certificate will be provided upon completion of this level
Cost: $275.00 (plus HST) 50% deposit is required when you register
(please note: if you have a group of people wishing to take Reiki classes and are not in the Fort Langley area please contact me, I’m happy, if possible, to travel to you)
THE BODY AWARENESS & MECHANICS WORKSHOPS
JULY 2012 in Fort Langley & Abbotsford
Our Body is talking to us ALL the time; it’s our lifelong best friend. It constantly sends us messages about how it’s feeling and through listening to and feeling what it’s telling us, we can make adjustments in what we’re doing to keep it “happy”. With the intention of living a long and happy life with little or no pain, doing all of those things we love to do (like dance well into our 90’s and beyond) it’s worthwhile to take the time to listen to what our body is saying. What it is saying and how it is saying it speaks volumes about some of the adjustments and fine tuning it wants us to make.
Over the course of 3 evenings (1 ½ hours once a week for 3 weeks) you are invited to explore different ways of tuning into your body to become aware of where you are standing and moving in alignment and where you may be holding some muscles tighter and limiting your movements. If you have injuries due to accidents and surgeries this workshop invites you to explore using muscles in different ways to provide you with increased range of motion.
Each person learns differently so each evening explores different ways of learning (through touch, feel, hearing, seeing and doing). Each week we work through a range of yoga and stretching for specific muscle groups, strengthening techniques, props and other assists are added to increase awareness while stationary and in motion, visualization, meditation and relaxation yoga rounds out the week. The first evening covers all of the lower body muscle groups, the second week we move through and explore the upper body and finally we focus on the movements of the spine.
While the workshop description may sound technical (and part of it is) the main focus will be on feeling the moves and adjustments, and how they feel in your body. As muscles adjust and open up we can often experience emotions that we have stored in them (perhaps the cause of their limitation?) and feeling your way through those moments will be just as important.
Cost: $50.00 (includes HST)
To maintain a comfortable atmosphere for all who participate the class size is limited.
Please contact me to add your name to the list of participants and please indicate which location is best for you. If you have a group of people who would like to participate, please contact me, it’s possible I could travel to you.